The Baraka Point Dining Experience
Just let us know what you want to eat, when you want to eat, and where you want to dine on the estate and we'll take care of the rest! No fixed meal plan, no fuss, total flexibility and lots of flair; that is what the dining experience at Baraka Point is all about...
At Baraka Point we believe our guests' main priority is to relax and enjoy themselves. After a hard day at the beach cooking for a large group takes time and effort. So to make sure you spend your vacation doing the things you would rather be doing, Baraka Point's international chefs are available to do the cooking for you while our dedicated service team brings fine dining right to the table for you. Have your breakfast seaside, lunch on the beach, and enjoy dinner under the stars. Wherever you choose to dine at Baraka Point, you will enjoy exquisite meals that will indulge your sense of taste...
Baraka Point is.....ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE! I can't begin to describe everything and do it justice...the views, beaches, snorkeling, massages and sunsets. Oh, and did I mention the food?! The chefs prepared meals that looked and tasted like they were out of Bon Appetite and the ambience at dinner was simply stunning. Not one of us was ready to leave on Monday...if it hadn't been booked we would have stayed longer!
WT, Montana, USA (December 2008)
Our chefs are happy to cook to your specifications, they can suggest a daily menu or surprise you. Choose from family-style dishes, multi-course gourmet tasting menus or tapas platters. Our chefs fuse flavours and styles of cuisine to create an exciting variety of dishes throughout your stay. (Note: Be sure to have a Baraka Point Pizza Night, it's a big hit with all of our guests!). All the food at Baraka Point is homemade daily including ice creams and sorbets from our Italian gelato machine which make great treats to cool off with poolside...
We also cater for families with young children with our Kiddie Meals and those with food allergies, health considerations or special diets so please don't hesitate to tell us about your dining needs. Although we cannot offer full a la carte dining, we can accommodate most special requests.
Pricing for meals at Baraka Point includes all ingredients, full restaurant style table service and clearing up so you needn't lift a finger at meal times. Menus can be set prior to your arrival or you can discuss the day's options with the chef in the morning, thus making meal times a straight forward affair.
After eating just one meal in the surroundings of Baraka Point we cancelled all other outside dinner reservations!!! We were 100% satisfied with every meal, and I think we have very high expectations. Their food was always fresh, original, healthy and very flavorful.We will definitely be returning to Baraka Point next year!
KR, Rhode Island, USA (March 2008)
Sunset is a special event at Baraka Point so be sure not to miss it! Return from the day's adventures happy and exhausted to find the giant copper torches lit, the music playing, and cocktails with pre-dinner nibbles waiting for you while our chefs prepare the evening's gastronomic temptations.
Kitchen Amenities & Features
- Baraka Point has a gourmet kitchen and private chefs to do all the work*!
- Stainless steel appliances
- Beautiful chinaware, glassware & barware
- Espresso/Cappuccino machine
- Wine cellar with house list and reserve list*
- Fully stocked bar*
- Wood-burning Italian Pizza oven
- Italian gelato machine
- Built-in outdoor stainless steel BBQ
- Picnic hampers
- Ice Maker
- Pre-stocking grocery service (extra charge); we keep most staples in the kitchen, but if there is something specific you want just send us a list and we'll put it in the fridge prior to your arrival.
*extra charges apply for meals & beverages at Baraka Point
Sample Dishes 2013
These are some of the dishes we have served to our guests over the past year. They are IDEAS ONLY and are meant to give you a flavour of the cuisine at Baraka Point, however, we are very happy to cook to your tastes so feel free to let us know your likes and dislikes and we'll be sure to create something special for you.
Baraka Breakfast Ideas
- Seasonal tropical fruit platter
- Homemade spiced coconut loaf with raspberry butter
- Homemade muffins baked fresh in the morning in a variety of flavours
- Rum and ricotta pancakes drizzled with honey butter and topped with fresh fruit slices
- Big Baraka breakfast: Sausage, bacon, tomato, mushrooms, potatoes & eggs any style (available for vegetarians without bacon & sausages)
- Fresh fruit smoothies or yoghurt thickies
- Selection of coffees, teas and juices
Light Bites & Beach Picnics
Grilled paninis with your favorite fillings• Roasted pumpkin & garlic soup • Potato chowder with pan fried scallops & crispy leeks • Baraka Nicoise...Ahi tuna, grilled or pan fried, served with baby lettuces, baked balsamic potatoes, steamed mange tout, tomatoes, a poached egg & topped with a green olive relish • Crispy Filo wafers with saffron prawns, basil & tomato fondue • Thai pork salad with pineapple, crispy garlic & toasted peanuts • Chicken curry, "island style", wrapped in West Indian roti bread • Local pan fried or grilled seafood tossed in a mild tomato sauce on spaghettini noodles • Salad, salad, salad...a combination of 3 or 4 fresh seasonal salads; e.g. roasted pumpkin with chickpea, cilantro & sun dried tomato salsa, Greek salad, etc. • Grilled Halloumi with roasted pumpkin, rocket, green olives & preserved lemon • Chilled lobster salad with homemade mango salsa • Seared scallops with a salad of lime, ginger, spring onion & matchstick potatoes • Wok-tossed ginger chicken with Asian salad and black vinegar dressing
- Steamed asparagus topped with grilled goat's cheese & red onion marmalade
- Baraka Point's anti-pasti platter (optional vegetarian)-marinated peppers, aubergines, olives, proscuitto, salami, beetroot hummus, pesto crostini & homemade foccacia
- White fish ceviche with lime, avocado & coriander served with or without tortillas
- An assorted Sushi & Sashimi Platter-great for big groups!
- Lobster & Papaya rice paper wraps with sweet chili dipping sauce
- New Zealand Green Lipped Mussels steamed in a creamy Chardonnay sauce
- Moroccan beetroot salad served with warm pita breads
Dinner-Main Course Ideas
- Coconut & lime-marinated chicken breast served with a warm spiced puy lentil salad
- Pan-fried duck breast topped with an Asian salad & orange jus
- Baked whole red snapper served with lemon potatoes, fennel & chilli relish
- Homemade spinach & goat's cheese gnocchi with garlic cream sauce
- Pork medallions with wild rice, rocket & pineapple salsa
- Grilled Anegada lobster tail on top of a bed of seafood, asparagus & pea risotto
- Mixed seafood stew in a saffron broth
- Moroccan spiced rack of New Zealand lamb with spinach & creamy sweet potato mash
- Beef filet with red wine & porcini mushroom sauce, served with blue cheese potato mash & steamed greens
- Beef tenderloin served with a Pinot Noir & chocolate reduction & horseradish & goat's cheese mash
- Slow roasted leg of lamb with white bean puree & caper walnut sauce
- Gateau of aubergine, goat's cheese & pancetta with a red pepper and grapefruit coulis
- Cassava Gnocchi drenched in a creamy gorgonzola sauce with walnuts
- Homemade Virgin Gorda pumpkin ravioli with basil & lemon infused butter
Sides & Salads
- Parsnip coconut curry
- Sweet potato with feta, thyme & roasted garlic, yoghurt dressing
- Baby potato salad with grilled beans & slow roasted garlic cloves with a sour cream dressing
- Cos salad with guacamole dressing and shaved parmesan
- Roasted beet & orange salad with a poppy seed dressing
- Green bean, almond & feta cheese salad
- Caesar salad
- Greek salad
- Summer gilled vegetables in an East/West marinade
- Summer coleslaw with toasted seeds
- Vegetarian stir fried rice with pumpkin, crispy shallots & coriander
- Ramekins of mashed potato with mascarpone
- White chocolate cheesecake with passion fruit coulis
- Baraka Point individual key lime pies with natural yoghurt or fresh whipped cream
- Grilled pineapple sticks with caramel sauce
- Individual Sticky Toffee Date Puddings with toffee sauce
- Pears slow-poached with guava and served with vanilla ice cream
- Grilled & flambéed pineapple served with a buttery caramel sauce
- Caramelized banana crepes with a rum reduction
- Parsnip cake with a lemon cream cheese icing
- Home-churned ice creams-please ask for flavours
- Homemade sorbets-please ask for flavours
- Mind, body & soul...espresso, liquor of your choice & vanilla ice cream
Children's Meal Ideas (many more options are available, please ask)
- Luxury Lasagne...three cheese, tomato and beef or vegetarian
- Baraka Burgers: Beef, fish, chicken or veggie with all the trimmings & Fries
- Chunky chicken nuggets & Fries
- Fabulous fishcakes or fish fingers
- Tropical Toasties-turkey, ham, cheese, tomato or your own combination of fillings
- Nachos with melted cheese, tomato salsa and sour cream
- Potato wedges or potato mash
- Marvellous Mac N' Cheese
- Seasonal veggies or a green salad as sides
- Home-churned ice creams, Baraka brownies, blondies or biscuits